Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not a Baby Anymore

My sister and I were talking this weekend about how independent her 10 year old daughter was. She said that Rylee gets herself up with an alarm clock, picks out her own clothes, fixes herself breakfast, packs her own lunch, etc........ I was amazed that her 10 year old does all this for herself and my 9 year old does none of this! Shelley told me, "Contrary to popular belief around here (my house and NaNa's house)--Brynn is not a baby anymore". I have really thought about this the last couple of days and I have made a vow to myself to make Brynn more independent. I have not let Brynn in on this little secret yet. We took the first step this morning toward independence. I picked out Brynn's clothes this morning and she dressed herself. I did not say it was a big step--just a step. Shelley--Are you proud of me???

4 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Hi, baby. I am reading your latest blog as I drive home this afternoon from Lubbock. You know that I love you, but my $20 bet is with the little princess on this experiment.

Shelley said...

Doesn't sound like your sister does much for her kids.....what a lazy Mom she must be!!!!!!!

Lori said...

Cut those apron strings, girl!!!!

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

Don't let people harass you too much, girl. I've had the same struggle with McKenna. Jimmy is the one who keeps prompting me to "make her do it herself"!!! Glad I found you on here!