Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Positive Referral


When my cell phone rang this afternoon and I saw it was the school calling me, I automatically assumed Brynn had gone to the office because she did not feel good. She has a tendency to do that! When I heard Mrs. Parrish (the school counselor) on the other end of the line, I really started to panic. I kept thinking, "Oh My Gosh--What has she done?" Mrs. Parrish told me that Brynn had a positive referral to the office and she wanted to share that with me. She said that Brynn was in the office and she was going to read the referral to me and then Brynn was going to get to choose a prize. Mrs. Atkins had sent the referral to the office that praised Brynn for always being such a great student. She said that Brynn really cares about always doing her best and is always willing to help others that are having trouble understanding. She also said that Brynn makes her class better! Brynn got on the phone and I told her how proud I was of her and that it made me so happy to know Mrs. Atkins thought so highly of her. I could hear it in her voice--she was very proud too!! She called me after school and told me that she had chosen to play a game with Mrs. Parrish as her prize. She wanted to read the referral to me again. It put another smile on my face! I know I don't tell her enough, but she is AMAZING. I guess I should not always assume the worst when I see the school is calling! Even though the picture is from this summer--I still love to see her all dolled up.

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a great compliment to Brynn and to you for being such a great mother to her! Way to go Brynnie!

Lori said...

She's such a sweetie - thank goodness she doesn't act like her mother !! :)