Monday, December 15, 2008

One Down
















We had our first Christmas get together yesterday with my Mom's side of the family. We changed up the menu this year because I was sick of Turkey and Dressing! I started calling all of the family last week and asking what they would think about having Mexican food instead of the traditional menu we usually have. Everyone seemed to be ok with the idea, and after we all ate yesterday--I think we have started a new tradition. The food was so good and I was so full that I could not even eat dessert. We draw names for the kids and we do Chinese gifts for the adults. Chance and Ryan participated with the adults this year and wouldn't you know--Ryan picked the bottle of Crowne Royale (he is only 17). My Dad ended up stealing it from him and Ryan went home with a set of Craftsman BBQ tools. The guys really did not steal each others presents, except the liquor, but the women were a different story. I ended up with the same gift I had taken-which was just fine with me (I always buy something I would really like to have). Brynn ended up with a Bratz. Needless to say-she was real happy about that! I had made a picture for MeMa from Brynn and T-Bone because she picks Brynn up from school every day and usually keeps T-Bone when we go out of town. She will not let me pay her so every year at Christmas--they give her a gift. MeMa gives each grandchild and great-grandchild an ornament every year and I forgot to take a picture of the ornament she gave us this year, but they are so cute. They are salt shakers filled with gold confetti with our name painted on them. Aunt Clydean called me last night and she took my ornament home with her! We always have such a good time when we all get together--we are a crazy bunch. After everyone left yesterday, Brynn and I took two hour nap and then Brynn did not want to go to bed last night. I finally gave her some Benadryl to help her go to sleep. I know-I know--I am pretty sure I have Mother of the Year in the bag this year! We have another Christmas party at out house this weekend for AirGas, Christmas Eve with Michael's side of the family is at our house, Christmas Day at my parent's house, and the Saturday after Christmas at my Aunt Mollie's with my Dad's side of the family. One down--four to go!

3 comments:

Hanah Shelby Teague said...

Thats a really good picture of you and Michael! lol, hes smiling so big!

sister said...

You ratted me out for taking your ornament home! I'm crushed. I'm glad we got Brynn another Bratz before they died an ugly death.

sister said...

You ratted me out for taking your ornament home! I'm crushed. Glad we were able to get Brynn one more Bratz before they died an ugly death.