Monday, December 8, 2008

Bye Bye Bratz


Brynn loves to play with Bratz! Every time we go to the store, she wants to buy a new one. When we moved into our new house, I made her go through and give some of them away because she had so many. We have continued to add to our collection, but we (when I say we--I mean Brynn) received some devastating news last Friday. Bratz are being pulled from the shelves after Christmas. Apparantly, Bratz designer Carter Bryant developed the concept for the dolls while working for Mattel. A Federal judge has ordered the company that makes Bratz (MGA Entertainment, Inc.) to stop selling the toys after the holidays, and to destroy any copies retailers may still have, as the result of losing a lawsuit over who originated the idea. Brynn has convinced herself that Carter Bryant would have never done such a thing and thinks the judge should just change his mind on this. When I told her about this, the first thing she said was "We have got to go to the store and buy all the Bratz on the shelf". As you can see, there are not many Bratz that the child does not have! She is worried about what she will buy when we go to the store now. She is also worried that she will have to find something new to play with. I told her that just because they are taking the dolls off the shelf--does not mean they are coming to our house and taking the dolls she already owns. She is so funny when she gets to playing with them. She gets in a zone and does not know anything else exists around her. They talk to each other, hug, fight, etc. I wish I had some pictures of her when she is playing with them. She is so different from me as a child! Barbie dolls and girly stuff was not my cup of tea. She is definitely her own person and thank God every day for what a great daughter she is! I am afraid she has my attitude--Heaven Help Us!!!! Even though the Bratz being pulled off the shelves seems like such a tragedy to Brynn--I am sure she will get through it. What I wouldn't give to be 9 again and my biggest worry be the fact that Bratz will no longer be sold after Christmas.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I actually thought of Brynn when i heard this news. I knew she was a big fan! But good Lord, it looks like she doesn't need anymore!! I can't believe you got rid of some and that is what she still has! Oh the life of a 9 year old! Tell her it will be ok, she will find something else to collect!

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

Oh, the tragedy!!!- grins -

But when you are nine, it really is a tragedy!!

Lori said...

Holy smokes that's a bunch of Bratz!!! I'll be Santa will be bringing her a bunch!