Monday, January 12, 2009

Hobby House Hill


I spent the weekend in Scrapbook Heaven! I went to place in Bowie, TX (of all places) to a scrapbook retreat for the weekend. I only knew two of the fifteen women I would be spending the weekend with, so I was a little uneasy but very excited about the weekend. I was unsure of what to expect, and I was very nervous about sharing a room with so many strangers. The house was beautiful and the food was incredible. I arrived on Friday about 10:30 am and unpacked all the goodies I had taken to work with. We scrap booked in a house by the pool and it was a room with 15 tables, a kitchenette, 2 televisions, and a bathroom. Once everyone settled in, it was time to get started. I ended up working until about midnight and then headed home to Henrietta because I was having a baby shower at my house on Saturday. I did not get back to Bowie until about 1:30 on Saturday and worked until about 1:00 am. Sunday, we got up and went right back to work. There was a lady there that gives massages, so I had a 30 minute back massage on Friday night and a 30 minute foot massage on Saturday. There was always a good old movie playing or Misti was entertaining us by singing "I Like Big Butts"--and she knew every single word. I was working on Brynn's scrapbook and I ended up getting 24 pages finished. I am now ready to start on 2nd grade. Only a year behind--not too bad, right? I had a blast and cannot wait to go again.




I just have to throw this in here because Brynn is such a DIVA! This morning she was trying to decide what to wear to school (always a big deal at our house), and this is what she came out wearing.


I think she is expecting TEEN Magazine to show up at Henrietta Elementary School for a photo shoot today. Can anyone picture Kelley Gill going to school in 3rd grade dressed up like this?......... I didn't think so!!

3 comments:

Hanah Shelby Teague said...

haha, that is so funny.. Brynn is SUCH a diva.

Jill said...

I could maybe see Shelly Gill wearing that but NOT Kelley Gill! Brynn is so darn cute! What a personality she has! Love it!

Clydean said...

I am so jealous. I can't wait to get room to scrapbook again. I refuse to pull it all out with a houseful of boys around and Michelle's place is too small. Brynn can really work that camera can't she?!